Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it.
(Proverbs 22:6)

Tuesday 18 January 2011

Excellent Student

"Girl, would you be his partner in the next music test?" I asked her. "No, sir, I don't want my score get worse since he can't play the instrument well," she replied. The girl was an excellent student whose scores were always excellent. She was afraid if she had a bad score which broke her good reputation.
Sometimes a student was excellent only in academic field. I know the girl is a kind girl,
but maybe she doesn't know when, where, how, why and to whom she must be kind. I just want to show her and her friends that what we share to others - teaching them how to play the song, encourage them to perform appropriately, showing them how we care - may be so meaningful for them. The girl needs to feel the feeling of getting bad scores, so she will feel what other friends feel. I hope a sense of compassion will grow in her heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment